The building was once Cheshunt Theological College of Congregationalists. In 1913 Cheshunt Collage had a foundation stone laid by the Lord Chancellor. The College was formed in 1768 by Selina Countess of Huntingdon, which prepared men for evangelistic work and they could enter any church. 1905 it moved to Hills Road,Cambridge and is now attached to the University. The site was sold to the Free Masons in 1960's.